Friday, June 26, 2009

Dead In The (Bridge) Water?

I just got some (somewhat) depressing news a few hours ago. It seems that my new band Bridgewater may be dead in the water. I stopped by Indigo last night to hit jam night there, and Dean greeted me with the news that our singer Lissa had just gotten a very well-paying job at NAS (Naval Air Station) Fallon (She lives in Fallon, about an hour east of Reno), as in US$26/hour well-paying. Neither of us would say that this was a bad thing for her, but it doesn't bode well for the group. She'll still be available for the upcoming gigs in Topaz and Minden, but after that she's probably not going to have much time for us.

I hate to sound like I don't care about this happening, but I don't have much of a problem with this. I'd rather be an optimist than a pessimist. I think we'll find another singer if that's what it comes to. I hope Lissa can stay with us, because she's a very talented singer, but if not, then I wish her the best with her new job. I'd quit any number of local bands here for a full-time job that paid that much. I also told Dean's wife Shelly that now I don't feel so bad about having other bands scouting me while I was working with Dean. But I'm still not saying who they are. I won't sabotage a band, no way no how, not even if they deserve it.

Speaking of sabotage, there's a knife in my back, with an ex-bandmate's name on it. Trust me, bubbeleh - I don't have to do much to get you 86'ed as well. People tell me everything, y'know.

Oh well, off to bed. I just got our Exploder's brakes fixed (sort of) today, which will do for the gigs this weekend and next. Joy and I have grocery shopping and bill-paying in the morning (around noon for you working-stiff types), and I just hope we can get our tired asses out of bed before the Farmer's Market at Tamarack Junction closes.

No comments:

Post a Comment